Universal Coding Solutions HIM Case Management provides hospital case management, utilization review and discharge planning to assure that the patient progresses through the continuum of care and is discharged to the least restrictive environment.
Through evaluation of the patient’s medical condition, a plan of care is developed and implemented, medical resources are coordinated, healthcare needs are communicated, the patient’s progress is closely monitored and cost-effective care is emphasized.
UCS Case Managers:
- Ensure that patients are admitted and transitioned to the appropriate level of care, have an effective plan of care and are receiving prescribed treatment
- Coordinate multiple aspects of care to ensure the patient progresses in a timely manner
- Transition the patient to the appropriate level of care needed
- Manage resource utilization and reimbursement for services
- Based on the diagnoses and any treatments involved in the patient’s care, determine if a patient’s hospital length of stay is appropriate
Our process begins with active listening.