AT A GLANCE
Full-time / Long Term
Our client is looking for an Inpatient Coding Specialist to assist their team on a full time basis. The Inpatient Coder is responsible for accurate coding and abstracting of clinical information from inpatient medical records. The Inpatient Coder will be responsible for maintaining recognized industry standards of coding data quality as well as accurate, timely and productive coding.
This Inpatient Coder will be 100% remote and will work long-term for our client. This is a full time, Monday through Friday, work-from-home role with a regular, 40 hours per week schedule. This is a career coding position and charts must be done on a regular schedule. This coder will receive hourly pay as well as a full and comprehensive package of benefits.
- 3+years of Medicare Inpatient coding experience in an acute care hospital setting
- Bachelor's Degree
- CCS Certification (required)
- RHIA or RHIT Certification (preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT coding principles and rules, Coding Clinic guidelines, coding compliance, etc.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with encoder technology and computerized abstracting systems
- Familiarity working with EHR systems (preferred)