AT A GLANCE
LOCATION: Remote / Work From Home
Full Time / Long Term
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the Universal Coding Solutions Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a variety of activities involving the coding of medical records as a mechanism for indexing medical information; which is used for completion of statistics for hospital, regional and government planning, accurate hospital reimbursement, research, utilization and appropriateness of care. Work may include coding for more complex outpatient procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years experience coding outpatient medical records using ICD-9 / ICD-10, CPT-4 and E&M classification systems required.
- High school graduate with additional training in ICD-10, CPT-4 and evaluation and management coding.
- CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-H required.
- Understanding of anatomy, terminology, and physiology preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and disease process. Comprehensive understanding in use of ICD-10, CPT-4, and E&M coding systems, as well as understanding of APC’s.
- Good oral and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, independent logic.
- Intermediate to advanced level computer data entry (numerical and alphabetical) skills.
- Computer system experience including familiarity with encoder systems.
- Codes and analyzes outpatient same day surgical medical records and other data in a timely and accurate manner to ensure that all records are current.
- Meets department minimum productivity for ambulatory surgery medical records per day identifying diagnosis and procedures, as observed by the supervisor.
- Accurately assigns ICD-10 codes in accordance with coding/departmental guidelines.
- Assigns ICD-10 codes in accordance with coding and departmental guidelines, maintaining no less than 95% accuracy in choice of codes, as observed by the Supervisor.
- Performs a variety of coding related duties to assure the efficient operation of the department.
- Reviews and codes ED, Clinic, DI, Lab, and encounters when requested or when work is complete.
- Employee's general standards of performance and conduct contribute to the departmental goal.
- Participate in career development activities by reading journals and coding articles and attending in-services and seminars.