AT A GLANCE
LOCATION: Remote / Work From Home
Full Time / Long Term
Physician Coding Manager
Our client company seeking a Coding & Reimbursement Manager. This person will be responsible for day-to-day management of coding and reimbursement activities. This position serves as a resource to all physicians and employees on coding and reimbursement issues. Support needs may include policy, system and operational processes. This position reports to the Director of Coding & Reimbursement.
This is a full-time position that will work from 8:30am-5:00pm.
- Experience with physician coding, billing and payment methodologies is highly preferred
- At least three years of physician/ambulatory care coding and reimbursement experience
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Health Information Management or related field
- RHIT or RHIA registration
- Current coding certification (CCS-P) and maintains certification
- Physician coding and reimbursement rules. Knowledge of physician payment systems
- Must have specific knowledge of diagnostic and procedural terminology, ICD and CPT/HCPCS coding systems, and billing rules.
- Computer skills, including EHR principles and Microsoft Office suite of products
- Customer Service – interacts positively with all customers and takes immediate action to meet customer needs.
- Interpersonal/Communication/Relationships – builds effective working relationships and treats others with respect.
- Information Management – accesses, uses and presents information as relevant to position; demonstrates knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security rules and uses medical information as appropriate to position.
- Manage and direct activities related to Coding & Reimbursement functions and employees as assigned.
- Monitor key revenue cycle functions and staff productivity standards to ensure optimal departmental performance.
- Serve as a key member of the ICD-10 project team to support a successful organizational transition.
- Lead or participate in cross-functional workgroups/committees as needed.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Review medical documentation to verify accurate and complete assignment of CPT/HCPCS and ICD codes following policies and procedures established.
- Proactively and reactively research, analyze, and resolve coding and reimbursement issues within clinical, billing, and operations departments.
- Develop reports and presentations on projects for senior management.
- Ensure fee schedule(s) is maintained consistent with established methodology to ensure optimal reimbursement and appropriate pricing for services.
- Keep abreast of current changes in coding and reimbursement requirements for government programs and other third party payers and assist in implementing and communicating the changes to physicians and staff.
- Collaborate with various project teams and departments to ensure optimal performance of revenue cycle processes.